At See.Sense we’re on a mission to make cycling and micromobility better. Our innovative technology products for both B2C and B2B markets are making riding safer, and providing the data insights needed by cities to transform for more sustainable travel.
Our award-winning bike lights are used by more than 100,000 cyclists world-wide and we are the official bike light partner to both British Cycling and Cycling UK. We also work with leading B2B bike share and e-scooter fleet operators, as well as cities around the world, to unlock powerful data insights. See.Sense is the winner of the Digital Catapult Platinum Award in recognition of our technology innovation and market traction, and we are a previous winner of Digital DNA’s Small Technology Company of the Year.
There are many benefits to working at See.Sense – beyond the range and scope of projects we work on, and the ideas and innovation that run through everything we do.
We have a culture of openness and collaboration which is fundamental to our approach to solving challenges, but also to our company values that include customers, innovation, teamwork, accountability and lean sustainability.
As a small but functional team, everyone benefits from exposure to different disciplines and approaches. We are committed to supporting professional development, and helping people achieve their full potential, taking a strengths-based approach. We invest considerable time and resources into our technology, and making sure our people are able to get the most out of it.
We are focused on physical and mental wellbeing, with online activities for remote working, and a popular cycle to work scheme. Our active social culture includes regular team get togethers, and quarterly all-company socials.
Financial benefits include a private health insurance, and pension scheme, and when in the office, good coffee!
FOR JOB OPPORTUNITIES AT SEE.SENSE, LEARN MORE BELOW
To apply, please send your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com
To be successful, you must have the right to live and work in the UK.
No agencies please.
Job Title: Junior Designer
This is an exciting opportunity for a graduate/junior Designer to work with one of Northern Ireland’s most successful tech companies, and to take responsibility for the creative output of their innovative products and services.
- Own the creation and development of designs for use both online and in print, to be used as part of the company branding, advertising and development.
- Work includes: online graphics, print advertising, presentation decks, promotional items/leaflets, packaging, POS, trade show stands, website design, video editing.
- Content Creation and art direction for photography and film. Video editing using Premiere Pro/After Effects/iMovie.
- Work on social media content and visuals, uploading creative content onto the company's website and online drives.
- Animation: Developing storyboards for animation/video content and leading creation for web ready viewing.
- Work collaboratively with other team members, designers to ensure a consistent, integrated brand perception and visual identity.
- Work with and understand the requirements of the in-house tech and marketing team to implement designs conscious of their restraints.
- Create varied concepts for a variety of projects in a short period of time, both physical product and digital.
- Assist with design projects beyond your specialist area as required - including product, graphical, UI, UX, testing and marketing.
- Degree (or similar) in Graphic Design, or equivalent experience in the creative or graphic design field.
- A strong eye for design, layout, typography and detail
- Contemporary design approach
- Sound experience of adobe creative suite: Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Strong sketching and visualization ability
- Demonstrate exceptional levels of creativity, motivation and innovation
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with a strong attention to detail
- Strong organisation skills
- Interest in cycling
- Experience of using Google Suite
- Photography skills
Please include a PDF (max 5mb) / link to your portfolio with your application.
Job Title : Cloud Engineer
See.Sense is an award-winning cycling technology and data company, and winner of Best Small Tech Company in Northern Ireland at last year’s Digital DNA Awards, and a Platinum Award Winner in national awards run by the Digital Catapult, in recognition of our innovation and success at bringing products to market. Our cycling tech products help make cycling safer, and engage our community to share powerful data insights to improve conditions for cycling. Our products are used by more than 70,000 cyclists worldwide and we are working with some of the world’s leading smart cities to improve cycling infrastructure, reduce congestion and improve mobility.
This is a rare opportunity to join a rapidly growing and high energy company where you can make a real difference. We offer a competitive package, flexible working arrangements, access to a cycle to work scheme, private health care, and when in the office, good coffee.
Purpose of role.
We are recruiting a cloud engineer to assist with bringing our product roadmap to market quickly and effectively. Our solutions encompass everything from electronics design up to the handling of large cloud based data sets.
The key responsibilities of the role include
- Working in tandem with our engineering team to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the company.
- Planning, designing and developing cloud-based applications.
- Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines.
- Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required.
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they snowball into problems.
- Using your extensive knowledge of APIs to design RESTful services, and integrate them with existing data providers, using JSON or XML as needed.
- Lead and develop best practices for the extended development team.
- Orchestrating and automating cloud-based platforms throughout the company.
- Stay current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed to help the company excel.
Essential Experience and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience with SOA applications and cloud-based services, preferably AWS.
- 3 years’ experience in a Cloud Engineer role or related position.
- Knowledge of web services, API, REST and RPC.
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks.
- Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and related data stores such as Postgres.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace.
- Interest in Cloud Engineering and its impact on greater business practices.
- Ability to track/manage and plan out your own time, including being able to give rough estimates for development time and lead times
- Skilled at working in tandem with a team of engineers, or alone as required.
Desirable Experience and Knowledge
- Certification as an AWS Solutions Architect. (Other cloud-related certifications are also a plus.)
- Experience with Firebase/Firestore or other GCP related technologies
- Experience building API’s for mobile app consumption
Some extra notes:
- Limited travel within UK & ROI
- Occasional national and international travel required.
- Remote working option available.
- Must be a UK resident
To be successful, you must have the right to live and work in the UK. No agencies please.