-------- APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED FOR THIS PROJECT --------
Milton Park is to trial 30 free new See Sense bike light sensors to bring people and technology together to help improve and prioritise cycle investment and journeys for people working on the park and the local community.
The project aims to encourage more people to cycle, and will see hundreds of cyclists use the award-winning See.Sense bike light and accompanying app, to collect data on journeys, speed, delays, road surface quality, collisions, near miss and other self-reported events.
De-personalised insights will then be shared with the transport planners in the Council and at Milton Park, to gain a better understanding of the conditions faced by cyclists, so that improvements can be made.
The project will run for 12 months, from November 2019.
Philip Campbell, Commercial Director, MEPC Milton Park said:
This project seeks to engage with our Milton Park community to gather insights that will help us to encourage sustainable travel to the Park and help us to realise our 2040 Vision”
Irene McAleese, Co-founder & CSO See.Sense said:
"We are excited to work with Smart Oxford and Milton Park to bring technology and the cycling community together, to enable more cycling and improve journeys for everyone."
Veronica Reynolds, sustainable travel advisor, Milton Park said:
“We are teaming up with Oxfordshire County Council on this project as part of our Vision 2040 to provide 30 free lights to make cycling safer and the mode of choice for anyone living within five miles of Milton Park."
How you can get involved in 3 easy steps:
1. Order your FREE light
Obtain your See.Sense ACE Rear PROJECT light for FREE (RRP £44.99). Use code MILTON at the checkout to receive the discount.
The See.Sense PROJECT lights differ from the standard See.Sense retail lights in that opt-in to the app is prompted each time you charge your light, if your app is not connected. The prompt is in the form of brightness. If your lights and app and not connected, then the lights will function at 10% capacity only. Once the connection with the app has been made, full brightness is restored. This prompt will occur each time the light is charged, if the app is not on or on in the background.
2. Collect your light
- Please email email@example.com to arrange collection/delivery of your light.
- Lights are available for collection up until 6th December, if not collected by this date, your light will be given to another participant.
- Please note, we're sorry that lights cannot be posted out to you
3. Connect your light to the See.Sense App to share Ride Insights
- Connect your light to the See.Sense app and opt-in to share ride insights, entering your project code, so that Smart Oxford and Milton Park can use the ride insights gathered.
- Ride insights are only collected while your light and app are on.
- You will be prompted to connect your light to the app each time you re-charge your light
- All ride insights collected from the project are depersonalised before sharing.
- You can read the See.Sense terms and conditions and data privacy policies here.
Q. How does See.Sense work with cities using the ride insights gathered by the lights?
You can find out more about this here Q. What happens at the end of the project?
Project participants keep their SeeSense Ace bike Light and may continue to share ride insights under general See-Sense Privacy Statement and Terms and Conditions.Q: How much data does the app use?
It depends on the phone, but for every hour of riding, the app will use about 1-2MB (about the same as uploading one photograph). If not riding, the data use is negligible. Q. How much phone battery will the app use?
It depends on the phone, but one hour of riding will use approximiately 10% of phone’s battery. If not riding, the battery use if negligible. Q: How do I get help with the lights or the app?
You can contact log a support ticket with our Customer Service at https://seesense.freshdesk.com/support/solutionsQ. Who is the Local Project Manager?Name:
*Remember to use code MILTON at the checkout!*