ICON Application and Firmware Status
Thanks for purchasing ICON. We are continually improving and enhancing the firmware running on the device and the application.
Apple App Store Status
Version 4.0 of the IOS app is available on the App Store - it can be found by searching for 'see sense'.
Google Play Status
Version 4.0 of the Android App is live on Google Play. Click the image above to visit the app store.
Version 4.0 of the app is the latest release and is stable, it will allow users to update from v27 to v68.
Firmware v68 (latest) - the firmware remains stable. Improvements to reactions in contrast conditions that extends battery life.
Important: Crash Alert Functionality
Crash alerting is dependent on:
- ICON's algorithm for identifying a crash - minor bumps will not trigger an SMS
- Being within Bluetooth range of the paired smartphone (typically 100m)
- The smartphone being able to send SMS (text) messages
- Location availability monitoring added to ensure crash detection captures your location
- New permission rules starting on Android 6.0 require the user to enable permissions for SMS. This can be found in your advanced app settings
- It may take up to a minute for location to become available on Android
- On iOS, you may need to increase the distance from your current position before location is locked
Crash alerting generally works well, but is not a guaranteed service.
Important: Theft Alert Functionality
Theft alerting is dependent on:
- ICON's internal algorithm for identifying movement
- Being within Bluetooth range of the paired smartphone (typically 100m) - you will receive a warning in the event the the connection to ICON is lost
Theft alerting does not prevent theft. It should only be used where you are comfortable with the risk level of leaving the bike and the lights unattended.
Please note that on iOS, the app must be in the background for notifications to occur
On Android, you should also update your notification setting to improve performance. Go to "settings" -> "sounds and notifications" then select the ICON app and set the "notification priority" to "high".