At See.Sense, our mission is to get more people cycling, more often, a mission shared by many public bodies. Our products and services are helping to build the evidence base needed to do just this. Revenue funded active travel initiatives are vital in supporting new and diverse populations to take up cycling. Traditional behaviour change monitoring methods include pre and post surveys, focus groups and the use of mobile applications. All of which only give a snapshot of information, often with low returns from the most proactive participants. We want to help Active Travel professionals understand the long term impacts of their interventions and provide insights to make cycling a safe and attractive option for people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds.
Our patented GPS SUMMIT (Sensor Unlocked Micro-Mobility Insight Technology) devices and reactive sensor lights are being fitted to bikes, e-bikes, e-scooters and e-cargo bikes to monitor and evaluate usage. Our unique technology collects data on rider behaviours like swerving, braking, idling, speed as well as road surface giving deep insights into everyday journeys.
LEVERAGE NEW METRICS TO MONITOR & EVALUATE, EVIDENCE RETURN ON INVESTMENT AND UNLOCK BEHAVIOURAL INSIGHTS
Number of Trips
- Assess new cyclists journeys, movement patterns and mileage before and after cycle training, maintenance training, or joining a community cycle club
- Log the number of miles, active minutes, and CO2 saved as a result of cycling support initiatives and campaigns
- Align active travel support to use of improved cycle infrastructure and routes
- Uncover deeper understanding of the levels of interventions different demographics need to make a long term shift to cycling
- Map desire lines and destinations for new cyclists for cycle infrastructure and facilities planning
- See when cyclists become inactive to offer motivation and additional support to maintain positive behaviour change
- Monitor long term behaviour change over a number of years without resource intensive engagement
- Align monitoring with other metrics such as health improvement for social prescription schemes, net zero targets for carbon saving, economic benefits of cycling
- Build evidenced cost benefit models and business cases for future investment
- Improving safety - sharing the data collected back to Local Authorities can help them plan for new cyclists and address safety concerns
See participants progress in near-real time, with layers of data available on your own dashboard and via a weekly data file, and commission our team of specialist analysts to provide insights across different demographics of participants. Our products can be powered by a dynamo or powered by electric bikes, e-scooters and cargo bikes.
This eliminates the need for participants to do anything in order for the data to automatically flow into the cloud. Our SUMMIT devices send data over the LPWA network, using state of the art technology without the need for participants to use a mobile phone and the data is then fed into your project dashboard.
Join our monthly 'Let's Talk Cities' newsletter, aimed at city officials, planners and active travel specialists that contains a curated list of articles at the intersection of micro-mobility, tech and data, and how cities are transforming to improve conditions for sustainable travel.